Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 14, 2008

WHAT'S NEW...

So after all the hard work that we have put into Parker's diet, it no longer seems to be having any effect on his behavior. What to do, what to do! I will not put him on medication, I will go on it first before I would ever let him. We went today to the USU Psychology behavioral management for the firlst time, it went pretty good. However while filling out paper work Parker was being his normal self, going crazy. The receptionist said, "I hope you've come to the right place, iIve never seen one like him before." After that we took Ryder for his four month well check. He is 100% for height and 60% for weight. They measured him three times just to make sure they had it right. He is cutting teeth and has been trying to sit up on his own. While on his tummy he scoots himself. I layed him down for a sec. while at the dr. to retrieve Parker from the other room he ran to, when I returned Dr. Mckenna was by Ryder's side. He looked up and said, " I give it one month at the most and he will be crawling." He said that is really early and he would hope that it takes him longer. We are starting Ryder on solids (Dr's orders) this week. All I have to say is I ordered a baby not an infant!
Both Ryder and Parker have done things really early on (this doesn't have any effect on the future) Parker said his first word at five months. Infact his first two words kitty cat. He walked at eight months. Okay I say, enough just stay a baby for a little while!
In the mean time we have been trying to figure out what to do with our tax return. Going on vaca would be great, but we have decided to pay off bills and continue to save for the boys' college. I did however take Parker to wal-mart today and he picked out some toys. Okay a lot of toys. Which I let him get. Here is what you have to understand Parkers ADHD has restricted him in many ways. He did not have the attention span to paly with toys for more then five to ten seconds since birth ( this is no exaggeration). Since starting him on the diet he realized for the first time that palying with toys is fun, and is now fascinated by toys that newborns should paly with. He realized they make noise, light up, even move if you press the right buttons. Before this he did ot play with toys at all.
Work is starting to pick up for Skylar which is good, now we have to start thinking about saving for next winter, seems how we used a lot of our savings this winter!
MY FAMILY UPDATE:
Hum lets see, well Eddie's little girl Nyah is three almost four and she is a cute girl, good thing she lives with her mom is all I have to say.

Chris and Autum are expecting their third baby boy in April, they are naming him.. well I won't say because I won't get in right it's either Elisha, or Elijah. Autum has told me a million times but I don't seem to get it right. I know that the one is more of a girls name but who knows these days. Kelton and A.J. are getting so big and are so excited for the baby.

Sam and Becky have the cutest litte girl Hadlee. I could take her home in a heart beat. They live in Tooele and my parents are bording with them till their apartment is finished.

Dillon is almost done with his mission, the pictures he sends are so beautiful exept the incets. I am really missing him, he couldn't have made a better choice for himself.

As for my parnets well.. My mom has to see if she needs heart surgery, that is scary. My dad is so ready to retire, he is working twelve hour sifts all week including Saturdays. He was just awarded for saving more then five thousand trops lives with the work he is doing. My mom still works at Stansberry Elementary and is head of disapline there.

As for our family.. well we are hanging in there. Lots of prayers and fasting going on. I talk to the education advsior next week about starting online courses in the fall. I completed the basic nutrition program at ISU, a little while ago. We want to take a once a week marriage institute at the university this summer. Skylar has not decided when he will start school. And I'm pregnant.
HA I got ya. Skylars family seems to be chilin just taking life day by day, he has a new half brother from his real dad I have never met but I really want to.

That sums it up. At least for this month. Stayed tuned for more coming up next month.

2 comments:

Anderson said...

Dezi, you are such a nerd. Trying to scare me into thinking you are prego. I miss you, and sounds like you are way busy being a mom. Love ya!

The Robbins said...

Soo....that's sucks about Parkers diet. I hope you find something that can help besides meds. So Ryder is 17 lbs and is only in the 60th percentile? That seems rather strange to me. Hmm. We go for Kate's 2 month appt on fri. I wonder how much she will weigh and how tall she is. I compared her to my baby pic and she looks exactly like me, who'd a thought-not me. Oh, and by the way, I was looking at all your pics you have on the side of your blogspot and how you keep saying you were pregnant, and wow pregnant, etc-You can't even see your belly in the pictures! Crazy girl. :)