Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 04, 2008

SOLEMN ASSEMBLY


For the first time in thirteen years we will have a new Prophet. On Saturday April 5, we will sustain President Tomas S. Monson as the 16TH President of the church. And for the first time in twenty five years president Hinckley will not be there...at least physically.


I am so excited to sustain our new prophet in the Solemn Assembly tomorrow. Each church organization, from the highest leadership circles to youth groups, will be asked to stand and raise their hands. I will be doing this from my living room while having the best view of everything. I look forward to standing up in my home and sustaining him. I do however wish that I could be at attendance in the conference center and make history.


During the last few years of president Gordan B. Hinckleys life he was extremely focused on building temples. Be them large or be them small, so that many more members of the church would have a chance to go and do the many ordinances that otherwise wouldn't have been able to be accomplish. I believe he will always be remembered for this.


What will President Monson focus on, I think that he will continue the legacy of the late Prophet, but I also think he has a lot of wonderful things in store for us all. I am wondering if there will be any changes, that god has saved for President Monson to share with us.


A few months ago Monson said that there will be no abrupt changes in the church, I am curious to see the little ones. I hope to always remember this conference so that I may reflect back on it many years from now and be able to see how President Monson has grown as he becomes more settled as prophet of the only true church on this Earth.


We will not only sustain Monson this conference but many more people including the 1ST and 2ND counselors that will be by his side. Hope that we will all be watching and support our new Prophet by sustaining him in this great calling tomorrow.

0 comments: