Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

FUN DAY!

Ryder's first time in the park swings

Parker just learning how to pump the swing


Ryder and Parker love to feed the horses that are in the field behind our backyard


Yup that would be Skylar asleep on the couch

Ready for swimming lessons

So after a lot of thought me and Skylar decided not to do a big vacation with the boys this year. We were planning on it, but we thought that we should just do the little things like camping, lagoon, and hiking. So we are putting the money that we would have spent on the vaca in the boys' college/mission fund yet again. This sounds like a good plan just to wait till the boys are a little older and to hopefully have Parker under control some. But I know that come time when everyone is going to Hawaii or Cali, I will be sad:(

So we have a big , meeting tomorrow with Pioneer elementary school so that they can get to know Parker a little. Then we have one more meeting in August to finalize everything.....and then he is off to school. The main reason that I am trying to put him in school so young is to get him a head start on what it will be like in kindergarten. If you know Parker I think that you would agree that just putting him into school like most people do with their kids would not be the best idea. So I hope that everything goes well and they take him this fall.

So it is official I am going back to school this fall. well if you can call it that. I will be doing my classes online. The hard part now is deciding to go full time or 3/4 time. I think that it would be a good idea to just go 3/4 time that way I can not be way overloaded. So I am retaking some classes that I got C's and D's in, like biology and stats. Right now I have 64 credits so they are pressuring me into applying for a program...What program is the question??? I want to do secondary education but I would have to spend about two semesters on the actual campus and with two kids and living so far I can't do that. they offer some programs fully online like psychology but I'm not just going to do something that I'm not way interested in just because it is convenient...well maybe I will. I don't want to get a degree to work outside of the home, I want it because I think that education is really important and I want my kids to know that. I think that if things were different with Parker I might take a part time job, but I would never be able to leave him with a babysitter(besides family). He is to impulsive and overly hyper to the point where it might push there buttons beyond the point of continuing to babysit or even get physical with him. I think that being Parker's mother was meant to be my job.

5 comments:

hofelingsblog said...

I think that is great. It will be nice to know that you have something to fall back on, even if it is once the kids are in school!! Way to go lady!!

The Robbins said...

We were driving around today and were up on campus, and I missed it so much! I told Russ I wish I would have taken some summer classes since he isn't in school this summer. The classes I need to take to get my "associates equivalent" are ones I could probably do all online, but I wanted to actually do them on campus so I could feel a part of college again and get some time out of the house doing something for myself...but alas, I didn't. :( But good luck with all your classes! I am excited for you to get back into it. Oh, and your boys are soooo HANDSOME i can't believe it. I love the matching swimsuits too!

Anderson said...

Hey Dezi, good luck with retaking Stats, what a terrible class. And, if you need help, don't call me. :) Well, once your kids are a little older you might still want to teach High school, so I think you should go for what you really want to do. It's not worth it to get a degree in something that you don't care for. If you just take it one semester at a time you will figure out what you really want to do. Good luck.

Amber said...

That's fantastic! I've just been whining to Chris recently because I never finished school. Maybe I should just look into online classes. Chris works for the university so I could get free tuition, hmmm...

Amber said...

by the way, how are you able to put Parker in school so early? I think it'll be good for him - and you!