Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

WHITE FLAG!

Ryder 7 months old

Parker flexing his muscles


Mom and Ryder on Mothers day

Okay I surrender, I have my arms up in the air and I'm holding the white flag. I can't do this anymore! I have tried everything that I can think of to help Parker without putting him on drugs, but I just can't do it anymore. The fact that he is so naughty and mischievous isn't even the half of it. I think that if that were all it is I could handle it. When he gets out of his car seat and opens the door on the freeway because someone turned off the child safety, I can handle it, when he tears off the child proof door locks and goes outside to play in the road, I can handle it. When he pours nail polish all over the floor for the third time because he can find it after we hide it...I can deal with it. When he bit Ryder's noise to the point where it swelled shut, I handled it. But I am done. Right now I am nursing a sick seven month old back to health because he was pushed out of a a grocery cart and landed on his head and nose....I CAN'T handle it anymore!! Ryder has broken cartilage in his nose and it is swollen all the way to his eyes. He can not have solids for two days. Not to mention he already had an ear infection. His first tooth is peeking through as well. The poor guy is in so much pain and Parker just laughed. When I took Ryder to the E.R. yesterday the Dr. came in and closed the door, well this up set Parker so he went over and starting hitting the Dr. as hard as he could. I put him in the corner on a chair and tried to explain as calm as I could his punishment for all of this. It was honestly a good thing that nurses and Dr. where coming in and out of the room. I would have beat him, and I don't feel bad for saying it. I really need help with this kid. Not so much for me but for him. I don't want him growing up like this and becoming a rude, mean adult, I mean who knows what he will turn out like. I have tried the special diet, spanking, ignoring, time out. I have read books galore, I am currently taking him to USU behavior management. All of these things have an effect on him for about two seconds and then he is back to The evil, mean, cruel, naughty little boy. I am not asking for permission to put him on drugs, that is something that a lot of thought, research, and prayer will have to be done by both me and Skylar. I am just saying that I am at the end and this is the only thing that I have not tried. I know what people think...that I need to just deal with my two year old. That people have two year olds and they handle them just fine. Well think of your child on their worst day where you just can't take another second. That worst day of yours is my best day!! Maybe it is me, maybe I am clueless!

6 comments:

The Robbins said...

Dez, it is not you. You are not clueless. You have been amazing, and no one looks at you like it is at all your fault. I do not look at you and think "why can't she just handle her two year old". You have been much stronger than I would have been. You have gone to amazing lengths to help him. I would have given up sooo long ago and said "meds please"-but you have been taking the higher road in hopes of sucess. Whether you decide to put him on meds or not, you should feel confident that you have tried your best for him. He is lucky to have you as a mom, truly. Don't put any guilt on yourself, your a wonderful mom!!!

hofelingsblog said...

oh my my my poor little Ryder. I am sorry you are having such a hard time with Parker. Hope things get better soon. Oh, and I told your mom about Ryder. Love you guys.

Amy Johnson said...

Poor Ryder!!! I could tell from your post that you are just at your wits end! I wish I had some amazing advice for you or even something fabulous to say to make you feel better....but I don't! I agree with Mer, you have definatly handled it better than I could have! You are an amazing mom! Keep saying your prayers and you'll get the answer you need! Good Luck and let me know if you need anything!

Amber said...

Dezi - believe it or not, you're not alone. I have 3 brothers all of which have either ADD or ADHD and they drove my mom out of her mind. One time I was playing on my own and she caught my brother sneaking up on me with a knife. She got to him just before he stabbed me. I think he was 3 at this point. All 3 of my brothers have been on meds at one point or another. So putting your kid on meds doesn't mean you're a bad mom and you can't handle your kid. I have ADHD myself and I have taken meds for it - that doesn't make me crazy. Anyway, just remember that whatever route you choose, you're not a bad mom.

Anderson said...

WOW! I have nothing to say, just counting my blessings and sending a little prayer out for you. Love your guts!

Anonymous said...

Dezi, I believe that you have the right to some peace. Parker needs help and you have been incredible from what I have read to try every option available. It is because you are such a wonderful mother that this is tearing you apart. You and the rest of your family are always in our prayers!